Welcome To NIEEB
- Hits: 72215
The National Indigenisation and Economic Empowerment Board (“NIEEB”) has been tasked to spearhead this process of transforming the peripheral role of the indigenous majority in the economy to a leading role in the mainstream economy together with the attendant benefits of improving their standards of living.
NIEEB was established through an Act of Parliament - Indigenisation and Economic Empowerment Act [Chapter 14.33] 17th of April 2008.
Functions of NIEEB
- To advise the Minister on the Government’s indigenisation and economic empowerment strategies.
- To advise the Minister on appropriate measures for the implementation of the objectives of the act.
- To administer the Fund in terms of section 15.
- To oversee compliance with the Charter.
- To perform other functions as may be imposed or conferred upon the Board under this Act.